I want to help someone else
You may want to help someone who has never felt this way before, or already has a clinically diagnosed mental health condition.
By calling 1800 595 212, HeadtoHelp can help carers and other support people by helping you:
- recognise when to get help for someone you care about
- take the first step towards getting the best help for them
- have difficult conversations
- support someone to see a health professional
- get help for you as a carer/support person.
Anyone can call HeadtoHelp on behalf of someone else. This includes: GPs and other mental health providers, school principals, teachers, carers, friends, family, guardians and other people who are natural supports.
You may need to get the person’s consent
If you are calling on behalf of someone else you may need to get the person’s consent. This means they have verbally given you permission to contact this service and they are available to speak with the HeadtoHelp staff if needed.